Only Theo Panayides Has Wings

This is a blog about Theo Panayides, the cyprustician online critic that writes reviews of movies old and new on his website (http://leonardo.spidernet.net/Artus/2386/). He is very good. In fact, he is awesome. It is also an exercise for my english-writing abilities, as I'm from Brazil.

Name:
Location: Goiânia, Goiás, Brazil

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Whoa, Weird Activity

Hiya, I'm back.

So, I noticed that Theo saw "Memories of Murder" and "Not On The Lips" yesterday and gave them 75 and 73, respectively. So I thought, "Hey, nice movie-going-thingy day for Theo and etc". But then, as my buddy Khansc pointed out (buddy? that sounds gay), today he upgraded both movies by exactly one point...

WHAT

DOES

IT

MEAN

?

Did Theo have a headache or a dissapointing experience yesterday that caused him to slightly underrate both films? Or, maybe, he had such a nice day yesterday that the movies seemed less fulfilling by comparison.

Alternatively, maybe he was so bummed out by the Nazi Pope that he realized the importance of cinema in these days. Or, maybe, Selma Blair gave him a blowjob which put him in a generous mood and he proceeded to upgraded his recently seen films. (though I cannot confirm if Selma Blair actually is in Cyprus).

But that still wouldn't explain such precise simmetry in the upgrading. Maybe he found out about this blog and is trying to toy with my mind. Nice try, Panayides.

Anyway, I haven't seen either film.

I also noticed that Vadim Rizov posted my blog url on his blog; good going, buddy. It also appears (although I might be mistaken) that Jared Sapolin left a comment on the last post.

I quote Mel Gibson in "Signs": It's happening.

Oh, yes, almost forgot...

Theo-Related Quote of the Day
"Theo's so badass I opened his website, don't know what for, kept staring at it about 30 seconds, then closed." - Khansc

More interesting things coming up this week.

In other news, the love child of Anthony Hopkins and Robert Blake has been elected the New Pope.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hell. Now that Theo's given his semi-official blessing, why not?

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That he bumped both movies 1 point is indeed kind of strange but changing the grades for films a few days after he posts them is a fairly normal Panayidesian practice, it sometimes takes him awhile to settle on the exact number. However, Theo’s grade of 76 for Memories of Murder is a great act of generosity on his part and so I cannot rule out the possibility of a Selma Blair (or for that matter Elodie Bouchez) fellation.

Also, the comment in your last entry wasn’t Jared it was me.
- Jason Overbeck

2:33 AM  
Blogger Luis Calil said...

Vadim: Did he? Where did that happen?

Jason: Oh, sorry Jason, I was in doubt whether it was you or Jared, should have checked. I know he does that a lot (e.g., "Million Dollar Baby") but never did it with two movies at the same time. So I thought it was curious.

In other news: cool Cannes line-up. I predict (or hope) von Trier or Haneke or the Dardenne bros will take the Big Boy home.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Online geek chat group.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hey bud, I'm not here to make you green with envy, but let me point you to a conversation I participated in:

Me: blah blah blah, so that's my...
THEO (suddenly): It's 75!
Me: What is?
THEO: Spring, Summer..., whatever. The Buddhist thing. It just drop by a point.
Mike: While we're sitting here?
THEO: Yes.
Me: What just happened?
THEO: It's a 73!
Mike: What?!?
THEO closes his eyes and rests the glass of cold Belgian beer on his feverish forehead.
Me: Does anyone know if Theo remembered to take his nightly medication?
THEO suddenly open his eyes, looks intently forward at no one in particular and pronounces: No, 73. That is final. 73 for the Korean Buddhist movie.

Point of the story? Grading movies ain't astrophysics, bud.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Luis Calil said...

Lol.

Oh, I understand, so it's more of a spiritual-budhist-closeyoureyesandreflect-metaphysics.

I just gave "Top Hat" an 88, but I saw a vulture circle a Honda on my way to the mall so I'm thinking 85 now.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home